When dining in a restaurant, I usually order items that would be too tedious or time consuming to recreate at home but I do have my moods of ordering simple things. This recreation of the mushroom lemon pasta from Gino’s Brick Oven Pizza is probably one of the simplest pasta dishes ever. I particularly like kick of the fresh lemon cutting though the cream, but I have yet to try adding in the lemon juice while reducing the cream. It should have a more subtle taste. Another thing I love about this is it’s so simple you can just keep adding ingredients or whatever left overs you have in the fridge. I can have this with broccoli or add in tuna. It took me longer to cook the pasta than to make the sauce. Haha!
TIP FOR MEASURING PASTA:
When measuring my pasta, I found this little device that helps me in the kitchen. I found mine at Rustan’s Department Store and has been super helpful so I don’t have left over pasta. But then again, I really don’t mind left over pasta. There’s always something you can do with it the next day like a cold pasta salad.
MUSHROOM LEMON PASTA
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Yield: 2 pax
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup cooking cream / culinary cream / heavy cream
1 pack fresh button mushrooms
pasta for 2 (I used linguine)
1. Heat olive oil and butter on medium heat.
2. Saute chopped garlic
3. Add in the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in cream, bring to a boil to and reduce until it’s consistency has slightly thickened.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Turn off the heat and add in the cooked pasta and mix.
7. You can add parsley flakes for garnish and the ½ lemon on the side before serving.
NEED SOME LEMONS?
Check out Lemon & Greens delivery within Metro Manila for hassle free fresher and cheaper lemons.