KUNG PAO CHICKEN PASTA
(Good for 4-5 servings)
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 stalks of green onions
– closer to the bulb, chopped
– green part, cut into 1″ pieces
1 chicken breast or thigh (whichever you prefer), cut into cubes and season with salt & pepper
1 pack Clara Ole Kung Pao Chicken
250 grams of Spaghetti (half pack)
a handful of peanuts
salt & pepper
chili flakes (optional)
1. In a small pan, roast the peanuts but be careful not to burn them. This brings out the oil from the peanuts that will compliment your dish.
2. On a separate non-stick pan, saute the chopped green onions on medium heat and chili flakes if you want it spicier.
3. Add in cubed and seasoned chicken.
4. Pour in the kung pao chicken sauce and simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
5. Add in cooked spaghetti. Toss in the sauce and add the peanuts. I used whole wheat spaghetti, only because it was all I had available.
6. Add more chili flakes for more spice.
7. Garnish with 1″ green onion stalks.